5 weeks to go till the Isle of Wight Festival !
The Isle of Wight Festival is taking place again this year, it is one of the most widely attended music festivals in Europe often refereed to as the European Woodstock.
Interesting facts about the Isle of Wight Festival.
- There was not a Festival between 1970 and 2002 when the Festival was revived. Since then it has gone from strength to strength.
- In 2015 the Isle of Wight Festival was attended by 80,000 people but in 1970 Jimmy Hendrix played to 600,000 people over 5 days.
- The government passed an act because of the popularity of the 1970 Festival banning events with more than 5000 people unless under special license. It became a victim of its own success.
- Travel by car from London to the Isle of Wight Festival takes 3 hours including the Ferry, by helicopter to the Isle of Wight takes 25 minutes !
- In 2015 44,000 pints of larger and cider were consumed over the weekend, inevitably there were a few sore heads in the morning.
For more information on flying visit helicopter charter Isle of Wight
Share This Post with your Friends: